Sunday, June 24, 2012

PROCESS FOR SELF TRANSFORMATION

PROCESS FOR SELF TRANSFORMATION


Central Brain


In this, hypothalamus and pituitary gland and limbic system are involved. This controls food habits, thirst, and the temperature of our body.

Now if you and I want to control ourselves we can control by changing our physiology. A minor change in our physiology can produce unbelievable results. If you are tilted towards left, generally you are bound to think about the past. What internal communication we give will be with reference to the past—people in the past, context of the past, situation of the past—everything will be of the past.


Now if you change that posture and tilt towards the right, everything including the eyeball, then you
will think about the future. You will refer to the future context, future picture, and future situation everything in future. Now if you sit down straight on your back, then your central cord is in standing position. All chakras will be in action and will be alert. This is the reason why most of the yogasanas are done in a straight posture. It provides coolness and calmness. Again, our right
nose takes positive or fire energy and similarly left nose cools the energy. Therefore, in case you sleep on your left side, you take in positive energy, which helps you in digestion. In “Shiva Sutra”, a Hindu epic, Lord Shiva is called “Ardhnareshwar” which means half male and half female—the left part is female and right part is male. Generally this is the reason why females remain in the past. If a man and a woman go to a restaurant to have dinner, even after having left the restaurant,
the woman will keep on talking about the food, about its ambience, whether it was good or too good. Here, I say in my seminars, your wife might fight over petty issues but she will be like a rock when a big problem comes. Generally, men are right-oriented and women are leftoriented. However, if your son is too girlish, then ask him to play the game such as Judo, Taekwondo, etc. and in case he is too aggressive, ask him to learn gardening and try to involve him in household chores. The famous philosopher Simone de Beauvoir said that females are not born females. They are made females. Mother, family, and society start teaching them what to do and what not to do.


Reprogramming the Brain

The use of brain entirely depends upon an individual. If you change the picture, if you change the sound, if you change the feeling, then the meaning and context of an event will be changed. Now the question is, can we re-programme our brain? Yes, we can. We can, by disturbing the current



patterns and subsequently replacing the old pattern with the new one. The brain does not understand the difference between the reality and imagination. A person who masturbates experiences the same physiological changes as what is experienced in an actual sexual intercourse. In one of my seminars, one gentleman came into my hotel room. It was 12 o’clock in the night. He said, “Please save me. I enjoy masturbation more than the real intercourse.” Look, imagined reality is more powerful than reality itself. It is all about how we use our brain In case anybody does this in an intense state, then the imagined behaviour will replace the real behaviour. Remember, if you tell your child that he is doing well in his studies, the child starts doing well and if you keep
encouraging your child like this consistently, then he starts doing extremely well in his studies. In case parents start telling the child that he is not doing well repeatedly so as to scare the child, then in reality the parents do not notice but the child starts imagining that he is not doing well and hence imagination replaces the reality. Let me give you and example. Once I finished my firewalk seminar at 12 o’clock in the night. When I entered my hotel suite, I saw a participant waiting for me. She was crying. I asked her the reason for crying. She explained, “Everything is all right, but I cannot have sex with my spouse.” They had been married for a year. They tried having sex many
times but they could not do it. I suddenly recalled the case study of Milton Ericsson, in which the female was scared of sex. The reason of the fear was that when she was eight year old, somebody from the family had raped her. That pain was anchored in her mind, body, and soul. Subsequently, she developed a phobia. That phobia was creating problem in imagination and that imagination had become reality. My counselling worked like magic on the person. Remember, past is not the same as the future. That participant was imagining pain. If you do anything consistently, even in imagination, then it starts looking as reality. It is all in the mind. Mind always gives you what you dream of. In order to activate your mind, choose affirmative words.

The brain does not understand the difference between reality and imagination. You just imagine consistently that it will happen. If a wife doubts her husband and always imagines him with somebody else, then there is a possibility that after some time this might become reality because she had asked the cosmos for the same thing. So it all depends upon how you demand your command. Similarly, if you have a particular taste before you actually eat the thing with that taste, you start
experiencing it. Once I had a presentation in Kolkata. I had taken my family along. Since I was brought up in Kolkata,

I distinctly remembered a particular taste of Jaiswal puri. As soon as I landed at the airport, I took my family to the restaurant where I used to go 10 years earlier. I started matching the old taste of the puri with the present. Again, in the same trip, I had used my technique to see the when I was leaving for Kolkata, Shri Amrendra Mahapatra, Director of MMTC had said, “You are young, the country needs you.” He advised me to go and give presentation to his managers. His statement was there in my mind. When I went to give the presentation there, I saw that I had a competitor from a big, giant training company. I used my visualisation process for my presentation. How was my presentation? Just after four days, I got a call from the Director Personnel, D. Satpati, asking me to come and fix a date for giving the training at Hindustan Copper. Visualisation process is nothing but a technique to use the brain systematically. We have heard people say, “Think positive, think positive”, but the biggest question is “How?” In my seminars my entire focus is on “how”. Our destination is always governed by the process through which we use our brain.


In late 1970s, Narayana Murthy was leading a division for Patni Computers in Bombay. In 1981, one of the brothers of Patni treated Mr Narayana Murthy roughly. Narayana Murthy decided to leave Patni Computers. When he left, six other members of the company also left. Out of them, one gentleman was Mr Arora. For Mr Murthy, respect, value, process was more important. The six of them formed a company by the name of Infosys. The company did not do well till the liberalisation of business in India. Mr Arora took the other side of the picture. His acuity was used in the other direction and it is needless to say that he missed the boat.

Hence we have to know how to use our own brain in our own way, as we know that if we do not control it ourselves, then somebody else will come forward to control it. If you and I do not take control of our own reins then they will be taken up by somebody else. Those who have gone up to the top have taken control of their lives after having faced all kinds of challenges.









No comments:

Post a Comment