Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Brain




The  brain  does  not understand the difference between reality and imagination. You just imagine consistently that it will happen. If a wife doubts her husband and always imagines him with somebody else, then there is a possibility that after some time this might become reality because she had asked the cosmos for the same thing. So it all depends upon how you demand your command. Similarly, if you have a particular taste before you actually eat the thing with that taste, you start experiencing it. Once I had a presentation in Kolkata. I had taken my family along. Since I was brought up in Kolkata, I distinctly remembered a particular taste of Jaiswal puri. As soon as I landed at the airport, I took my family to the restaurant where I used to go 10 years earlier. I started matching the old taste of the puri with the present. Again, in the same trip, I had used my technique to see the pictures.

Once when I was leaving for Kolkata, Shri Amrendra Mahapatra, Director of MMTC had said, “You are young, the country needs you.” He advised me to go and give presentation to his managers. His statement was there in my mind. When I went to give the presentation there, I saw that I had
a competitor from a big, giant training company. I used my visualisation process for my presentation. How was my presentation? Just after four days, I got a call from the Director Personnel, D. Satpati, asking me to come and fix a date for giving the training at Hindustan Copper. Visualisation process is nothing but a technique to use the brain systematically. We have heard people say,
“Think positive, think positive”, but the biggest question is “How?” In my seminars my entire focus is on “how”. Our destination is always governed by the process through which we use our brain. In late 1970s, Narayana Murthy was leading a division for Patni Computers in Bombay. In 1981, one of the brothers of Patni treated Mr Narayana Murthy roughly. Narayana Murthy decided to leave Patni Computers. When he left, six other members of the company also left. Out of them, one gentleman was Mr Arora. For Mr Murthy, respect, value, process was more important The six of them formed a company by the name of 

No comments:

Post a Comment