Friday, December 14, 2012

Reprogramming the Brain


                 Reprogramming the Brain


The use of brain entirely depends upon an individual. If you change the picture, if you change the sound, if you change the feeling, then the meaning and context of an 
event will be changed. Now the question is, can we reprogramme our brain? Yes, we can. We can, by disturbing the current patterns and subsequently replacing the old pattern with the new one. The brain does not understand the difference between the reality and imagination. A person who masturbates experiences the same physiological changes as what is experienced in an actual sexual intercourse. In one of my seminars, one gentleman came into my hotel room. It was 12 o’clock in the night. He said, “Please save me. I enjoy masturbation more than the real intercourse.” Look, imagined reality is more powerful than reality itself. It is all about how we use our brain.
In case anybody does this in an intense state, then the imagined behaviour will replace the real behaviour. Remember, if you tell your child that he is doing well in
his studies, the child starts doing well and if you keep
encouraging your child like this consistently, then he
starts doing extremely well in his studies. In case parents
start telling the child that he is not doing well repeatedly
so as to scare the child, then in reality the parents do
not notice but the child starts imagining that he is not
doing well and hence imagination replaces the reality. Let
me give you and example. Once I finished my firewalk
seminar at 12 o’clock in the night. When I entered my
hotel suite in resort Chokhi Dhani at Jaipur, I saw a
participant waiting for me. She was crying. I asked her
the reason for crying. She explained, “Everything is all
right, but I cannot have sex with my husband.” They
had been married for a year. They tried having sex many
times but they could not do it. I suddenly recalled the
case study of Milton Ericsson, in which the female was
scared of sex. The reason of the fear was that when she
was eight year old, somebody from the family had raped
her. That pain was anchored in her mind, body, and soul.
Subsequently, she developed a phobia. That phobia was
creating problem in imagination and that imagination
had become reality. My counselling worked like magic
on her. Remember, past is not the same as the future.
That participant was imagining pain. If you do anything
consistently, even in imagination, then it starts looking as
reality. It is all in the mind. Mind always gives you what
you dream of. In order to activate your mind, choose
affirmative words.

No comments:

Post a Comment