Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Trait No. 3 Always Honour Your Commitment Absolutely By PS Rathore

Trait No. 3 Always Honour Your Commitment Absolutely





We have met the enemy and he is within us.
Pogo







We must work with high intensity and with a high commitment level. We can visualise our goal with proper direction and proper mindset. Our neurology has certain patterns. If these patterns are followed, then success is guaranteed. If we can provide information to our brain the way it wants, then we can see it, listen to the sound of it, and can feel it also. But for this, only visualisation is not good enough. We have to take massive action also. Our intensity to produce the fire inside will make the entire world move around us. If an individual makes a very high level of commitment to serve and to render high quality service, then he is bound to be successful in every situation. Once I was in California for attending the firewalk seminar of Tony. Around 12 o’ clock at night I went to the beach at Long beach, Los Angeles. When I was passing through the city centre while coming back, I saw that many strip clubs and night clubs were open. I was able to figure out many scantily dressed girls standing along the roadside, but nothing of that kind attracted me at the moment. I felt the importance of my wife who was alone at home in India. In the process of the seminar, Tony had reinforced to connect with people who are deeply connected with their life. The significance of my wife Manju in my life was so deep and intense that while my eyes were on the girls for a moment, my heart was with my wife. I felt the importance of her suggestions which I used to ignore earlier. I notice that we seek suggestions from everywhere all over the world, but we ignore them when they come from our near ones, specially our spouse. When I was in the trans state of mind, I realised that tears were rolling down my cheeks and my voice was quivering. I realised that my success without her would be useless. I thank Tony for uncovering the feeling which was deep inside me, but I was not aware of it. I would like to narrate another instance.


I read a wonderful interview in Hindustan Times which was about Vicky Oberoi, son of the legendary Rai Bahadur Mohan Singh Oberoi. At the age of almost 78, he was so much energetic and committed. Once he was reading a complaint of a
guest, who was from Hong Kong. He wrote a letter to the guest that he could stay for four days free of cost at any of the Oberoi Group of hotels in the world as per his own convenience. The guest was taken care of and felt that he was understood by the Chairman of the Oberoi Group. He was given a true honour. Not only this, the guest also got a refund of the entire bill amount. There is a rule at Oberoi that all the serious letters of complaint are forwarded to the Chairman. Here commitment to serve the guest is visible. The term, the “Guest is always right,” is highly practised in the Oberoi group of hotels throughout the world. Here you can feel that commitment is very strong. Vicky Oberoi feels that there is no point in being arrogant at any point of time to anybody if you are in the hospitality industry. He looks forward to deliver what he has committed to deliver. He believes in speaking silver and delivering diamond. Arrogance in hospitality industry doesn’t work. By PS Rathore

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely right sir, your voice and instructions has changed many lives. I am among them.

    ReplyDelete